The discovery

Following the handover of the Castle to the City of Milan on 25 Octobre 1893, the German Historian and scholar of Leonardo, Paul Müller-Walde, carried out surveys on the ceiling of the room (1893-1894), which revealed fragments of the painted decoration made for Ludovico il Moro, the central emblem and the inscription on the north-east side of the room.